Saturday, August 15, 2009

Weekly Report 2

This week was a little harder on me. My grandma had her upper lobe removed in a lung(to remove cancer)so Monday was out for School. I had a headache almost all week and ended up resting most of Wed.

We did not get everything I had planned finished but we have extra weeks in our school year planned so I am sure we will get caught up.

Matthew also had a harder time and did not want to do school this week.


Books I read to the kids
Aesop's Fables
How my Cells Grow
My Amazing Body
Tubby the Tuba
First Painter
The Egyptian Cinderella

Shelby read to me
Dot and the Dog
A Hat for Hamm
Woody Drops
First 1000 words Usborne book When Shelby can read the word with no help she gets to put the sticker on the page. words this week (rug, bed, cups, bee, seeds, grass, tree and nuts)

Learn to Read in 100 Easy Lessons Shelby
Lesson 13, 14 and 15

Explode the Code (book B)Shelby
PG 1-28

Handwriting without Tears Shelby
Number pages and review of book Starts orange book this week

Copy work -Shelby
Worked on whole name First, Middle and last

Memorization -Shelby
Name, Phone number and address

Spelling -Shelby
Short e words scored 100% on test

Math -Shelby
Dot to Dot book page 1-3 numbers 1-50
Sticker Math Fun pg 2-9 Counting, patterns and counting by 10's
Kumon Addition book pg 8-13 Writing numbers 1 to 30

Music -Both
Orchestra instruments
Tubby the Tuba

History -Both
First Painter discuss cave drawings in ancient times
Egyptian Cinderella Discuss Rhodopis and how she was a real person
Aesop's Fables

Maps -Shelby
Floor Plan- Reading and understanding floor plans at events, on tickets and for escape routes.

Science - Both
How my cells Grow - What a cell is, how they split and make more, how many are in our body, when certain one's stop making new cells, etc. Drew Skin cells and Muscle cells
Worksheet- What I look like
Worksheet- Human Organs - identify and discuss stomach, brain, heart and lungs
My Amazing Body- What our bodies need to stay healthy
Played Apron Organ game- placed organs on the right spot of our apron.
Played Bone bingo

Field Trip -Shelby
Shelby and I got up at 3:00 am one morning and took our pillows and blankets outside. We laid down and watched the Meteor shower. We talked all about space, planets, stars (SUN) and moons.

No comments:

Post a Comment