Monday, August 31, 2009

A few of our Favorite things

Shelby was talking to me today about all of her favorite places to get stuff for school. I thought I would post them here.

1-Library- Almost free! We do not live in the city limits so it does cost us $40 a year but we get 45 books out at a time and during the summer 50 books due to Shelby getting an extra library card for being over 5. Next summer it should go up to 55 books since Matthew will turn 5. We go through a LOT of books, movies and CD's. Without the Library there is no way we could afford to homeschool.

2- Paperback swap! We love to put in our wish list workbooks, reference books and pretty much any book we can't get at the library. We have been averaging 2 books a week as far as what is granted. If you are not a part of Paperback swap click my link on the left and join today!

3.MamaCents Childrens Consignment Sale. Yes I have to brag about the sale I manage. I have gotten a LOT of our puzzles, games, books and even our microscope/science set at the MamaCents Sale. Shelby is already making a list of things she wants me to look for at this next one. It is a great perk to get to be in the first group of shoppers. If you live in the Austin Area you should definitely check out this sale. It is HUGE with so much to choose from.

4. The park .... yes apparently the park is a great place to spend the day and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment