Friday, August 7, 2009

The Story of Ping Lapbook

Today Shelby presented her report to Daddy. Here are some photo's of her lapbook and her explaining everything. I have a 10 minute video also but I won't subject you all to it.




We also received two books today that I have been wanting for awhile. I did not realize how incredible they are until I received them today though. They are a MUST for any school age child (in homeschool, public or private).

They are the Usborne Interenet linked Encyclopedia of History and the Usborne Internet Linked Encyclopedia of Science. I have added these to my "Learn through Play" widget on the side. The kids LOVE these books. They both grabbed one and sat down to start looking. They spent probably 30 minutes discussing them. They are so colorful and easy to understand. We got the paperbacks and they are perfect size for the kids to look at themself. What is cool about these books is that they have additional information online. These both will be a great addition to our History and Science curriculums. I can't wait to start incorporating them into our lessons next week.

2 comments:

  1. My kids and I love flipping through their finished lapbooks. Your Ping lapbook looks like it was a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the Usborne Encyclopedias around here too!! I had completely forgotten the one on history! Glad for the reminder. I had planned on using it with our history curriculum. =)

    I wish my boys were more into lapbooking. lol I love it but they don't really. I'm hoping one of my younger two will develop a love for lapbooking!!

    Btw-saw the name of your blog and giggled!! My blog name is Monkey School!! When anyone asks what I do, I tell them I'm a monkey wrangler...I definitely feel like it sometimes! =)

    ReplyDelete