Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Planning, planning and did I say Planning

So I thought I would blog about how much planning is going into this school year. I (again) am putting all of the work in it's folder by week. So I have a file box for Shelby that has 36 weeks of files in it. Each week has all her work for the week in it. I have the files for Matthew but need to get another file box. His does not have as much work as hers. I then have a bookshelf with all of my teacher books for the year and our reference/reader books. Each child has a milk crate with their binders, folder, pencil box, dry erase board etc. We then have another book shelf full of future subjects, books and free reading books.

This file box is getting out of hand! Last year I had it but did not go this detailed since it was Kinder and only one child. I have been ripping apart books and making copies of worksheets, lab sheets (all reproducible material) and e-book worksheets for a week. I also have a planner on the computer that is done week by week to keep me on track and to help me not OVER PLAN (I like to do this). Right now I have 9 weeks completed on the computer (minus Spanish). I have the other weeks down but not all in one place on the computer. So I have been busy copying and pasting stuff together. I also have been making a list of books I will need to get at the library for each week, materials I will need to buy for each week and books I need to buy (because the library does not have them).

All this planning is making my back hurt and arms sore. I am SOOOO ready for school to just start. I hope it all pays off in the end. My plan is to keep us on track and going through the year. I have breaks scheduled in that we can take if we are on track. If not we will just stick with it and catch up.

Subjects by child (for now .... I have the right to change my mind before next week .... well actually at any point).

Shelby-
Horizons 1 Math and Singapore Math 1A & 1B Standards
Explode The Code 4-6
Horizons Penmanship 1
Horizons Ponics/grammer and Spelling 1
First Grade Grammer (workbook from teacher store)
Sonlight Intro to World History with a mix of 1 and 2 beginner Readers
5 Minute Logic Work 3 x a week (Critical Thinking Skills, Wake up Brain)
Geography - Map Skills (2 x a week)

BOTH- (History 3x a week, Science 2 x a week, Spanish 20 minutes a day, Art 3 x a week, Music class 2 x a week, Music lessons 15 minutes daily, PE daily)
Sonlight Intro to World History (Shelby reading 2 Beginning readers and Matthew 1 readers)
Story of the World Ancients
Horizons 1 Bible and Bible with Sonlight
Awanas (one night a week- memorization and bible)
La Clase Divertida Spanish I with Salsa Spanish
Real Science Odyssey Life
Poco a Poco Music
Learning the Recorder and Piano
Art - Mix of different texts ... we will be studying a type of art each week (painting, drawing, knitting, cooking, woodwork, sculpting etc)
PE/Life Skills/Health- Ride bike, tie shoes, swimming etc They will be playing Kickball one day a week with friends as well.
Field trip weekly with Homegrown Learners group
Library 1x every 2 weeks


Matthew
Horizons K and Early Bird Singapore Math
Learn to Read in 100 EZ lessons
Explode the Code 1-3
Handwriting without Tears Letters and Numbers with me - My Printing Book
Lollipop Logic, Mazes, dot to dot (5 minute logic work 3 x a week)
Geography (Map Skills 2 x a week)

No comments:

Post a Comment