Saturday, August 21, 2010

2010-2011 plan

I have completed my lesson plan for the WHOLE 2010-2011 year. I have a week by week plan with every day written out. I even have the materials I will need and books I will need to get at the library. I have pulled apart all workbooks and made copies (those that I am legally allowed to make) and put them in the weekly file folders. Shelby and Matthew have a file holder with all of their weeks in it.

Rules of our School

Example of our Activities on the September Schedule

Week 1 Schedule (pg 1 & 2 for both kids)

page 3 schedule

Shelby's file folder

Library/games/puzzles




Milk Crates that hold binders/supplies (blue Matthew and Pink Shelby)

Teacher books/guides for all subjects plus read out louds

WHAT WE WILL USE

Most of the books I bought used on ebay, through the Well Trained Mind Forums or got off of Paperback swap/Swap Tree. I also hit up Half Price Books with Coupons several times this year to collect the books I knew we would need. Some I scored for $1! Those that I bought new I bought on Amazon (love their 4 for 3 deal), Exodus Books and Rainbow Resources. There are a few listed below that I still need that I hope to find used soon.

We do go to the library but I love having the books I know I need for school on hand to use when needed. I can then resell them at the end of the school year or save them for the next child to use them.

History/Bible- Both kids
History



Bible






Still need to buy or will try to borrow


Geography
We are using a complete book of Map Skills. I got this at half price books and could not find it online.

Still need or will borrow
This one for end of year and next year


Weekly Read Out Louds


Read Out Louds


Still need to buy or will borrow


Readers (Shelby)
She is reading a story out of her bible every day plus the following.




Borrow or still need to buy



Readers (Matthew)


Language Arts- Shelby






Language Arts- Matthew


Science


Still need or will borrow


Math/Logic- Shelby





Math/Logic- Matthew


Spanish-


Music-
We also are learning the Recorder but I could not find the book we are using.

LOVE this Music program. It is so simple and easy to teach and the kids learn so much.



Art-




Activities
Awana starting September 1st (weekly)
Homegrown Learners Meet-up group (1x a week starting Sept 3)
Knitting class for 3 weeks (Shelby starting Aug 25)
Austin Sports arena Wed 1 -2 x a month (for skating, soccer, dodgeball, floorball)
Kickball 1x a week twice a month (hopefully) with another homeschool group.

We still are looking for a new keyboard or used piano. I have a keyboard they are using but it does not have all of the keys a piano has.

No comments:

Post a Comment