Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spanish in the School of Monkeys

In the School of Monkeys we use several tools in helping us learn Spanish. 
La Clase Divertida Level 1  comes complete in a box with craft supplies, workbooks for 2 kids, teachers guide, DVD lessons and CD with pronunciation.  My children love sitting down and watching each lesson.  The fabulous part is the Mexico history lessons and crafts/cooking lessons that go along with it. 

We use I can learn Spanish and English  for vocabulary.  Each page has 3-4 vocabulary words and this is a big spiral notebook.  I have my children write down each word in English and Spanish in a Spanish vocab notebook.  They review these words over the week until they know them.  We learn about 9 new words a week.   I also make flash cards with the Spanish word on one side and English word on the other.  I laminate these cards and put them on a ring to keep them all together. 

The last thing that I use in order to get Spanish in is English/Spanish story books.  We get books at the bookstore, library and make some.  I got a PDF book off of Scholastic.com that has 12 books to color and make.  We do one book every week to every other week and learn new vocabulary through these.  I try to pick books that go along with what we are learning in our DVD lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment