Monday, January 4, 2010

10 years

This post will not really be about school but about our family and the past 10 years.

In the past 10 years Mike and I have been through infertility, the loss of grandparents, the loss of great grandparents and the loss of a mother. We have survived my years of depression, years of unknown sickness and hospital visits. We have survived the loss of jobs, being jobless and losing a home.

We overcame infertility and have three children to show for it. 10 years ago I pictured myself giving birth HIGHLY medicated, yet gave birth without meds twice (recommend it highly). I would have never imagined myself homeschooling, yet that is what we now are doing.

I am very proud of who I am becoming and though I still struggle at times I am proud of the things I am doing today. I am very proud of Mike for working with the same company for 5 years (even though there are times he hates it) and doing what he needs to in order to provide for our family.

I look forward to the next 10 years and what it will bring to our lives. ... someone remind me I said this when we hit the hormonal teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment