Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cursive Writing

We have moved to cursive writing with Shelby. I have been reading a lot about teaching Cursive first and I myself really never learned how to write cursive. So we are using "Cursive First" and "Spell to Write and Read" for spelling, phonics and writing. I spent a week getting all my binders, books, cards etc together and reading everything so that I feel comfortable teaching it.

Shelby is doing a great job writing her lowercase letters in cursive. So far we have only done a few along with learning all the sounds to each phonic. Today I quized her on a few phonics and she new exactly the sound I asked for. For instance I would ask for the third sound with the phonic "a". She said "ah". I have already noticed when she is reading that she will automatically switch to the sound that makes an actual word for her vowels.

We also are working on addition facts. She is being quized on adding "1" all the way up to 100 on Friday.

Today her art work was a Picasso piece that she made out of construction paper scissors and glue. I will take a picture for Fridays post.

Shelby has been reading a book a day and is starting to really enjoy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment