Sunday, June 7, 2009

First Spelling Test

Today I gave Shelby her first Spelling test today and she made 100% . She got all 9 words correct and that includes the bonus words (mama does not give extra credit though).

She was so excited about her test and how well she did!

We were going to go to the lake today and come back tomorrow so that we can go to champs camp on Tuesday. However with Nanny being in the hospital and my mom being with her we decided to cancel. So we now are going to get to be at Champs Camp all week. The kids are very excited. We will not be doing much class time and will be focusing on our Bible this week.


Today we also started a new online Phonics and reading program called Reading Eggs.
http://readingeggs.com/

My impression is that the kids really enjoyed this program. They sat down and did three lessons each. I had to make them get OFF the computer and stop learning. Lesson three actually starts with reading the words "I" and "am". Matthew struggled a little with this level and hated doing the repetition on some of the games but it may have been that he had been sitting there for so long by that time.

We already were working with Click n Kids and through the homeschool coop and the kids have not been too impressed. Matthew in fact hates doing it. I think we will continue with the two week free trial with Reading Eggs and then try Click n Kids again. We have a lifetime membership to Click N Kids so I really would like the kids to continue with that program.

I like having the option of an online program for the kids to work on while I am doing individul reading work with each of them. I will post at the end of the trial with how well they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment